A downloadable game
We are ghosts. We are in a house we don't recognize. We have a handful of memories, and these memories are brief moments and flashes of barely something. The Living are nearby, and the encroach on our space, making their demands. Worse, there is a Thing in the Walls. It is ancient, inhuman. Hungry, yearning. Angry.
But this is Our Haunt now. This is our home, and we only have each other as family. If we take care of each other, good things we'll happen. We just know it.
OUR HAUNT is based on the "Belonging Outside Belonging" system. It is a very rules light game and focuses on story and character.
This is the first version of the game. While I have polished it quite a bit, a full release of the game will come in a few months (hopefully).
- No Dice, No Masters - No dice are needed (it uses a token economy instead), and everyone at the table facilitates the story together.
- Create a map of Our Haunt, populate it with visuals and troubles.
- One-shot OR ongoing campaign. Each session is 2-4 hours.
- Play as The Cat, The Doll, The Loved, The Betrayed, The Faceless, or The Returned.
- What haunts the ghosts? The Living, The Spirit World, Our Memories, and the Thing in the Walls.
- But there is also The Heart of the Haunt: Ghosts are rewarded with sanctuary or more memories when they take care of each other.
If the price of this game is a hardship to you, free community copies are available below. In addition, significant discount for marginalized folk is on the way! In the meantime, feel free to grab a community copy if you like.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $7 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this game at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
Each copy of OUR HAUNT you buy helps someone else grab a free copy if their budget doesn't enable them to pay the listed price. If you're unable to budget for a copy of OUR HAUNT priced as listed, please claim one of these free copies for the community.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.