PROTOCOL REVIEW///ACCESSING ACCESSING
PRINT ALL Y/N? ///Y///DOWNLOADING…
is the far future. Earth has
abandoned for generations.
Humanity left for
brighter stars, richer planets and shining colonies. To fuel their
dreams of a better tomorrow, the
turned to the Elementals and their magic. This
magic is an
invaluable source of power and labor. Machines were created to
harness and enslave the Elementals .
You are machines that echo the legendary magic you once possessed.
You and your friends are among
few who have managed to return
Earth. What remains
is falling apart. The
Corp won’t let go of you so easily either.
through the cracks is a magic that is ready to be reborn.
you outrun The Corp long enough and bring forth the Rebirth of magic?
Will you survive this revolution you’ve started, or will The Corp
recapture you? We play the game of BALIKBAYAN: RETURNING HOME
to find out.
is great for veterans ready for a more narrative experience, and
perfect for people new to the hobby. Bring your dystopic
post-Cyberpunk fantasies to life, revel in supernatural Filipino
folklore, and dance along the threads between magic and technology.
- Run the game how you like it: with or without a Game Moderator!
- Based on the Belonging Outside Belonging System (Dream Askew, Dream Apart, and many other beautiful games)
- Ticking clock mechanic: can you bring about the rebirth of magic before the corp enslaves you again?
- Token based economy: no dice, no masters.
- Strong Cyberpunk-Supernatural-Folklore aesthetic and themes
- Magic and Technology meet beautifully in an evocative way
- Based on Filipino myths and legends, but you do not have to be Filipino to play this game or enjoy/understand its themes
- This Beta version is ready to play. By supporting this game now, you will help support the game and receive future versions for free.
If the price of this game is a hardship to you, free
community copies are available below. In addition, significant
discount for marginalized folk is on the way! In the meantime, feel
free to grab a community copy if you like.