Is the Expansion pass a separate purchase?
A downloadable TTRPG
The Press Kit for MEMORY HUNTER can be found here.
MEMORY HUNTER is a prequel game to BALIKBAYAN: Returning Home. In this focused and visceral experience, players are MEMORY HUNTERS who enter the MAZE in order to slay the MAZEBEAST.
This is an OSR-inspired TTRPG for one GM and 1-4 players. Explore intimacy and horror in a surreal setting while courting death and hubris. Become BRUTE, GHOST, REMIXER, and PRIEST.
The Maze is both digital-dream location and sentient shared consciousness, the denizens within her are dreaming and awake, alive and dead, human and machine. Memory Hunters must traverse the Maze, slaying the MazeBeast to gain access to the memories it protects.
Once the Maze dies and the memories are stolen, the Hunters return to the City and make these memory fragments their own. Can the Hunters slay enough MazeBeasts to gain the power to create their own Maze-Dimension? And will they be able to transcend their mortal flesh and hallowed husk to become digital gods?
MEMORY HUNTER features the following:
- Incredibly light and compact rules that encourage you to make this game your own
- An alternative 90s Cyberpunk that never was, blending mind and magic, dream and machine, in a light setting open to your lore creation
- Four PASTS and four PROFILES to create your unique Memory Hunters, featuring abilities that are both powerful and evocative within the dream-nightmare that is the Maze
- Three MAZES, and the hostiles, hazards, and MazeBeast that lie within. Each is based on a Cyberpunk Post-Colonial Remix of Filipino Folklore: the Bakunawa, the Manananggal, and the Mambabarang.
- Three City Locations that offer unique experiences: Memory Seers, The Market, and Abandoned CORP Facilities.
- The means of creating your own Maze-Dimension, and your chance at achieving transcendence (or destroying the City!)
- Great for a single session (1-4 hours) or a short campaign series (2-6 sessions).
Memory Hunter comes with an Expansion Pass, scroll below to check out what that means!
This work is based on Down We Go (downwego.games), and licensed for our use under CC BY 4.0 International.
This product is not associated with Plus One Exp or Apes of Wrath.
In order to download this TTRPG you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $10 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this TTRPG at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
Memory Hunter will receive three expansions in the summer of 2022*. Buying the expansion pass now will ensure you gain access to these expansions at a cheaper price. After all expansions are released, the Expansion Pass will be retired and each one will go up at full price (Each expansion at full price will be $7-10!)
NOTE: As each Expansion comes out I'll send an itchio download link to the email associated with your itchio account.
The Expansions are (titles tentative):
MAZE V2.0 - New MAZES, including hostiles, hazards, denizens, and MAZEBEASTS. Special gear that can only be obtained within a MAZE. Random Encounters!
CITY V2.0 - New locations in the CITY, new items for sale at the Market, introducing FACTIONS. And heck yeah Random Encounters too!
Neon Echoes - Guest contributors will add to the digital dreams of Memory Hunter!
If you want to be part of this, please DM me on Twitter @temporalhiccup or email me at email@example.com. Applications from Filipino and BIMPOC creators will be prioritized, and you will be paid for your work.
* I am a disabled creator and we're still in the middle of a global pandemic. There may be delays!
Each copy of MEMORY HUNTER bought helps someone else grab a free copy if their budget doesn't enable them to pay the listed price. I also add a free copy for every 5 star rating here on itchio!
If you're unable to budget for a copy of MEMORY HUNTER priced as listed, please claim one of these free copies for the community.
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
it is a separate purchase, yes! at the bottom of the game page you can grab the Expansion Pass, it's $10 for all three Expansions.
any chance this will ever get more community copies? it looks incredible!