We Forest Three is a solitary tabletop roleplaying game.
Your City is dying. The Forest that once existed here is lurking in the spaces between realities. Within it the Forest are beings of Filipino folklore, their truth long forgotten. The Forest is angry, hungry, and slowly destroying the City.
Tonight, the City may die, and the Forest seeks Rebirth.
You are a Witch Seeker. You come from a long line of Witch Seekers. You must uphold the familial duty, and enter the Forest alone. You must find the Sisters Three, overcome their challenges, and force the Forest to comply.
So the City may Survive.
But the path is dangerous, extremely difficult, and harrowing. If your soul buckles, cracks, or break...you will emerge from the Forest, not human anymore. You will be something else entirely.
- - -
We Forest Three will ask you to create a Witch Seeker. Follow the prompts, roll dice against the tables to see what the Forest asks of you. It's very much like a choose your own adventure game, except with simple tabletop roleplaying rules laid over it. The game is based on the lovely Macchiato Monsters, a rules lite OSR system.
- For one player, though optional rules are provided for group play if you'd like to share the tension and challenge
- Based on Philippine folklore, featuring creatures like Duwende, Aswang, Tikbalang, etc.
- Strong prompts are provided, but you are encouraged to fill in the gaps with your own intuition and imagination
- You will need a complete set of polyhedral dice
- High replay value, since so much depends on the roll of the die
- We Forest Three is also a SWORD DREAM
Big thank you to Role Over Play Dead for streaming a let's play of We Forest Three! You're the best!
If the price of this game is a hardship to you, free
community copies are available below!