Keepers of the Cards
A downloadable story game
Curious about what Keepers of the Cards is like in play?
Here is an actual play video from Go Jess with an amazing cast.
We Are The Keepers of the Cards
The Magician has left behind a legacy of magic. As part of this legacy, a deck of cards was created. Each card contains a creature of pure magic.
At least, the cards used to.
You and your friends are the Keepers of the Cards! You are children of magic and hope, and you must find these creatures and rebuild this deck of magic and power.
But at the end of this tale, can you see it through?
KEEPERS OF THE CARDS is inspired by the anime series Cardcaptor Sakura and other shows from the magical girl genre. It's a game that focuses on young characters, friendships that change over time, magic that must be harnessed and claimed, magical hijinks that cause problems at school or home!
This story game is a Descended from the Queen game. The original game, For The Queen, asks players to draw cards and answer prompts to intuitively and spontaneously create a story together. The story ends when the final question is drawn, and the players create an epilogue together.
In Keepers of the Cards, you can use the unique cards designed for this deck (you can upload them to Roll20 or a similar online app, or print and play!) You can also use any tarot deck (most are a Rider-Waite-Smith deck, which will line up perfectly with this game). Simply draw the cards and refer to the PDF to see what prompt you are asked to answer.
This game includes:
- A PDF with instructions for play, optional rules, and all prompts
- Prompts, lots of prompts! When playing the game you will be asked to first establish who was the Magician who created the deck, and what creatures of magic you must track down. There are 22 prompts for the Magician (based on the 22 Major Arcana cards of the tarot) and 22 prompts for the creatures (once again based on the Major Arcana).
When playing the game, you can draw from 56 story prompts (based on the 56 Minor Arcana cards of the tarot).
- An X-Card, for discarding a prompt or changing an aspect of the story
- 125 images for cards, including 4 unique card backs and 9 unique card designs
In order to download this story game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $10 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this story game at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
Each copy of KEEPERS OF THE CARDS you buy helps someone else grab a free copy if their budget doesn't enable them to pay the listed price. If you're unable to budget for a copy of KEEPERS OF THE CARDS priced as listed, please claim one of these free copies for the community.
- Actual Play Videos Added!Jul 06, 2020
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.